Urgent Care & Walk-In Lyme Disease Treatment Clinic for Wichita, KS
Signs and Symptoms of Lyme Disease
As the weather gets warmer and more humid, more and more pests emerge and spread diseases. Every year, ticks bite a large number of Americans and spread Lyme disease. Lyme disease is a common ailment that can cause an array of symptoms- some more extreme than others. In order to prevent and diagnose Lyme disease early on, it is important to be aware of the symptoms and see a doctor early on if you are bitten. Ticks are small, brown insects that can cling onto clothes and skin unknowingly, so it is also important to check yourself for ticks after spending time outdoors.
At AFC Urgent Care Wichita, our team of medical professionals is dedicated to providing you and your loved ones with fast, top-notch healthcare. Our physicians are experienced in tick bite care and recognizing the symptoms of Lyme disease. Here are some quick facts on recognizing the different stages of Lyme disease:
Early Localized Stage:
- Usually within the first month of a tick bite.
- Symptoms include a red expanding rash, chills, fever, muscle and joint pain, swollen lymph nodes, or headaches.
Early Disseminated Stage:
- Usually days or weeks after a tick bite.
- Symptoms can include Bell’s palsy, severe headaches or stiffness, pain and swelling in the joints, shooting pains, or heart palpitations.
Late Disseminated Stage:
- Usually months or years after a tick bite, with no treatment.
- Untreated infections can lead to arthritis with severe joint pain and swelling (often the knees). A small percentage of Lyme disease cases can lead to neurological complications, such as tingling of the hands and problems with memory.
If you believe that you have been bitten by a tick or are showing symptoms of Lyme disease, be sure to see a physician as soon as possible. At our walk-in clinic, conveniently located in Wichita, we can provide you with fast and efficient medical attention. AFC Urgent Care Wichita looks forward to helping you with any of your medical needs and have you feeling better soon!
Formerly AFC Doctors Express