Physical Exams in Wichita, KS
AFC Urgent Care Offers Comprehensive Walk-in Physical Examinations
The Physical Exams in Wichita Kansas that are offered at AFC Urgent Care are School, Sports, Drivers License, Camp, and DOT Physical Exams
At Urgent Care walk-in clinic Wichita, KS AFC Urgent Care, we make it easy to get your participation physical for school, sports, or camp.
- No appointment needed walk in when it’s convenient for you
- Examination performed by experienced Physicians
- Open 7 days a week, including evenings
What You Should Bring:
If your school or organization requires a specific form for the physical, please bring it with you. Otherwise, we have a standard form suitable in most cases.
The doctors will ask some of these questions and more:
- Serious illnesses among other family members
- Illnesses that you had when you were younger or may have now, such as asthma, diabetes, or epilepsy
- Previous hospitalizations or surgeries
- Past injuries
- Any medications that you are on
- Does the athlete have asthma (wheezing), hay fever, or coughing spells after exercise?
- Has the athlete ever stopped exercising because of dizziness or passed out during exercise?
- Has the athlete ever suffered a heat-related illness (heat stroke)?
During the physical part of the exam, the doctor will usually:
- Record your height and weight
- Take a blood pressure and pulse (heart rate and rhythm) reading
- Test your vision
- Check your heart, lungs, abdomen, ears, nose, and throat
- Evaluate your posture, joints, strength, and flexibility
Why it’s important
The exam helps determine whether it’s safe for you to participate in a particular activity. Most states actually require that kids and teens have a sports physical before they can start a new sport or begin a new competitive season.
Please walk in or call our office if you have any questions. Click here to get directions to AFC Urgent Care Wichita Kansas urgent care clinic.