Walk-In Clinic & Urgent Care for Enterovirus D68 Treatment Near Wichita, KS
AFC Urgent Care Wichita Has Professional Medical Staff On-Site Every day!
There are various strains of Enteroviruses that spread across the US every year. These strains often show similar symptoms and are hard to diagnose. One of these strains that is important to treat and prevent is enterovirus D68 (EV-D68). At AFC Urgent Care Minor Emergency and Urgent Care of Wichita KS, our friendly medical team can provide you with convenient care and educate you and your family on preventing EV-D68. We offer immediate care for all your health needs when you walk in our center.
What are EV-D68 symptoms and how do they spread?
- The milder symptoms of EV-D68 are flu-like in nature, such as a fever, runny nose, body aches, and coughing.
- In more severe cases, a deep cough, wheezing, and difficulty breathing are prominent.
- Anyone with a history of respiratory illness should see a doctor straight away.
- EV-D68 spreads through respiratory secretions, such as saliva or mucus.
How is EV-D68 diagnosed?
- Enteroviruses can be detected by running lab tests on mucus or saliva. However, specific test for the EV-D68 strain are not common, due to their specificity.
How can I treat and prevent EV-D68?
- Unfortunately, there is no specific treatment for the virus. The best step is prevention for avoiding EV-D68 completely.
- Washing your hands, practicing good hygiene, and staying home when you’re sick are just a few ways to prevent the spread of EV-D68.
If you or your loved ones require immediate minor emergency care for respiratory illnesses such as EV-D68, do not hesitate to walk into AFC Urgent Care for fast and convenient care. We are a top-notch urgent care walk-in health clinic near Augusta and Newton, KS. For severe, life-threatening cases however, it is always recommended to go to a hospital emergency room. We hope we can help you feel better soon!
Formerly Doctors Express